"Le Attese" balsamic vinegar

rheitz1

Hi, I'm sorry for this strange post, but my wife and I were in San Gimignano this summer, and while there, we tried this balsamic vinegar called "Le Attese". We loved it and it was a very, very memorable moment. I'd like to surprise her and get my hands on some of this stuff, but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere, including online. Do any of you experts have any leads on where I might find some or how I can pull this off?

Thanks!

Ciao Rheitz,

I hope you had a wonderful time in Tuscany, what were your impressions of San Gimignano? :)

Don't worry about the request - now and then there are always some requests that vary from the norm but it goes to show how something, even a small detail, made an impression. Actually, most of our own travels are made special through moments such as the one you mention: a special meal, a particularly friendly shop owner or artisan who goes out of their way to explain how their handmade items are made or even the chef that comes out and asks diners how they're finding their meals (this in a small country side restaurant where it wasn't at all expected!).

Were you able to buy some of this balsamic vinegar to take home with you? It seems that this particular label is sold to hotels and restaurants which might be the reason why you cannot find it easily online, since most of the sales are wholesale.
You can try to get it direct from the producer: SanGeminiano or online from this online shop: Boldo
The only difficulty might be on shipping: this second website ships all over Italy and to all EU countries, but says nothing of further abroad. Being a liquid, there might be restrictions on selling/shipping overseas.

I recommend you contact both and see what they tell you!! Good luck, hopefully you manage to get your hands on it so that you'll have a great gift for this holiday season :)

Hi, I'm sorry for this strange post, but my wife and I were in San Gimignano this summer, and while there, we tried this balsamic vinegar called "Le Attese". We loved it and it was a very, very memorable moment. I'd like to surprise her and get my hands on some of this stuff, but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere, including online. Do any of you experts have any leads on where I might find some or how I can pull this off?

Thanks!

Lourdes,
Thank you so very, very much for your thoughtful and quick reply. I can see that you are quite the expert! Again, thank you so much!

Rich

Oh! I forgot to answer you question about San Gimignano. It was simply amazing. I felt like I was as close as I could come to medieval times. I was apprehensive because I read so much about it having become touristy, which is true, but its charm shines through clearly!

Happy to be of help! :) Hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on a bottle or several to stock up on! :)

That is exactly why I asked - San Gimignano has become quite touristy but at the same time you can't hide all those stone towers and the charm of the town is still there. I guess it also depends a lot on what time of the day and period you visit - I've heard some say that during the day in high season it has become just too crowded but even then, in the evening, most of the coach buses leave and the town goes back to the residents and the visitors staying in the area.

Hope you make it back to Tuscany soon, there are many small medieval towns as charming as San Gimignano. We really like Volterra and Siena as well as Arezzo - we highly recommend them for a future return trip! :D

Lourdes,
I just wanted to let you know that the link you shared to Boldo SRL DID have the product I was looking for, and they were able to ship some to me in time for the holidays! So thank you once again! I also hope I can make it back to Tuscany. It was a truly unforgettable experience.
Rich

So glad to hear that the online shop Boldo worked out!! :) Very glad to have been of help - and do hope you make it back to Tuscany, there are many other parts for you to discover yet :)