Only 4 days and struggling with Florence vs villa or both

ChrissyQ

Hello,

Traveling May 29 to Florence and have 4 total nights without flexibility on number of days. Trying to decide whether to stay put there (a friend suggested Residenza DApoca in piazza Della Signoria or b&b tourist house ricci! or renting an apartment from owners), or stay in a more country setting (another friend suggesting Poggio al Sole), or do some combination of both. Do not want to miss the Florence highlights but I am more of a country person. Will not likely have a car as I'm a little nervous driving just me and my teenaged son. Since we are arriving in Florence, it makes sense to spend 1st day there, and last day to fly out early. But if I spend all 4 there I will feel as I've missed the villa/farm experience. However I understand without a car and so little time, moving around is challenging. Any suggestions? Are you familiar with the places I mentioned? Can you recommend a reasonable 4 day plan?

Thank you!

Poggio al Sole would be perfect!!

Ciao ChrissyQ,

With just 4 nights, the easiest solution is to stay put in one place and from there do day trips whether it is in Florence's center or just outside in a countryside setting (Poggio al Sole is very doable since it is very close to Fiesole it gives you both the experience of the countryside as well as being really close to both visit Florence).

I suggest you contact Poggio al Sole to find availability for the entire 4 days - it isn't that far from Florence so I am sure you can get there easily on the first day and back to the airport on the last. You can also ask the owner whether he can offer pick up and drop off at the airport as an extra service you'd be willing to pay for, it would make it much easier for you then to stay where you really want to be and have the best of both worlds! :D