I've booked my honeymoon in Bibbona

glassbloweruk

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has been to Bibbona (our honeymoon is booked there) and if they had any tips to share?
Gemma

Bibbona and the Etruscan Coast

Hi Gemma,

welcome to our Forum!

I recently visited Marina di Bibbona and other nice villages on the Etruscan Coast. I really liked exploring this area and enjoyed several beautiful spots like Bolgheri, Castagneto Carducci, Campiglia Marittima and the Gulf of Baratti, including the ancient town of Populonia.

Are you planning to stay in Bibbona or maybe make some day trips?

Re: Bibbona and the Etruscan Coast

Hi Gemma,

welcome to our Forum!

I recently visited Marina di Bibbona and other nice villages on the Etruscan Coast. I really liked exploring this area and enjoyed several beautiful spots like Bolgheri, Castagneto Carducci, Campiglia Marittima and the Gulf of Baratti, including the ancient town of Populonia.

Are you planning to stay in Bibbona or maybe make some day trips?

Hi, thanks for the reply,
Yes we are staying in Bibbona for 5 days. We've planned some horse riding through a local farm for one day. We will rent a car and definitely visit some of the places you suggested, I had not come across any of these names on my internet searches so thank you.

Gulf of Baratti

Ciao Gemma! Yes, a car will definitely be useful. The coast is really nice and there are many small towns along that area. As Cristina mentioned, some of the most well-known include Castagnetto Carducci and Bolgheri as a wine region, the famous Sassicaia wine comes from there. Head a bit further south to the Gulf of Baratti to experience an almost Caribbean-like beach - the article offers a presentation with info on how to get there.

If you have time, definitely visit Pisa as well which isn't far away, at least for half a day! 5 days will fly by, not sure if you'll get the chance to visit Florence - if you've already been, definitely concentrate on exploring the coastal area :). You can also head a little north to the Versilia and to Viareggio to see the difference with Bibbona.

In the surroundings also the Etruscans natural hot springs

Hi Gemma,

Lourdes has written excellent advice, too.

I would just like to add that in Venturina, about 30 minutes by car from Bibbona, you can find the Terme Etrusche (Etruscans Baths) of Calidario.

Here is a small lake with natural hot springs (36 degrees Celsius) in which you can relax and also take advantage of some spa treatments. It's sounds romantic :)

If you like the idea, you can read all the info in the official website of Calidario.

I wish you an unforgettable Tuscany honeymoon!!

Re: Gulf of Baratti

Ciao Gemma! Yes, a car will definitely be useful. The coast is really nice and there are many small towns along that area. As Cristina mentioned, some of the most well-known include Castagnetto Carducci and Bolgheri as a wine region, the famous Sassicaia wine comes from there. Head a bit further south to the Gulf of Baratti to experience an almost Caribbean-like beach - the article offers a presentation with info on how to get there.

If you have time, definitely visit Pisa as well which isn't far away, at least for half a day! 5 days will fly by, not sure if you'll get the chance to visit Florence - if you've already been, definitely concentrate on exploring the coastal area :). You can also head a little north to the Versilia and to Viareggio to see the difference with Bibbona.

Hi again Lourdes,

You may remember my Cake questions from Lucca, I'm staying there for 1 week for our wedding then moving down to Bibbona for the Honeymoon so I will visit Pisa & Florence definitely, I can't wait to show my Fidanzato the leaning tower he's going to love it, I hope we can still go up inside.

Re: In the surroundings also the Etruscans natural hot springs

Hi Gemma,

Lourdes has written excellent advice, too.

I would just like to add that in Venturina, about 30 minutes by car from Bibbona, you can find the Terme Etrusche (Etruscans Baths) of Calidario.

Here is a small lake with natural hot springs (36 degrees Celsius) in which you can relax and also take advantage of some spa treatments. It's sounds romantic :)

If you like the idea, you can read all the info in the official website of Calidario.

I wish you an unforgettable Tuscany honeymoon!!

Hi Cristina, that sounds like a fantastic place to visit on honeymoon. I'm going to look it up straight away.
Grazie!

definitely climb the Leaning Tower of Pisa!

Definitely recommend going up the Leaning Tower of Pisa - it is about 15 euro per person if I remember correctly but it is worth it, a once in a lifetime experience of climbing a leaning tower... the steps going up are so worn down in spots where you wouldn't think, as people walk closer to one side or the other to balance - what your brain tells you is right vs what your eyes see. It is pretty neat!! :D