parking saftey

mac

We will be arriving in Florence around noon on Saturday, we cannot check in our villa until 4:00pm,
I had suggested we eat lunch and do some grocery shopping in the meantime. I was told not to leave anything in the car unattended. Of course, our luggage will be in the car while we shop and eat. Is it necessary to take our luggage with us? We will actually be in Tavarnuzze.
Thanks

Ok to leave luggage for few hours....

Tavernuzze is a very small town and you're talking about just a few hours.... So I'd leave luggage in the car, just make sure it isn't super visible and take with you cameras/laptops, that sort of thing which can be identified and easily carried away.
I don't think you will have any problems at all - but good you're asking.
Have a great time in Tuscany! :)

Safe Parking Car for Day With Luggage Near Florence

Hi Lourdes!
We are a family of four driving from Venice onto Greve in Chianti, but wanted to stop for about 6 hours in Florence on the way. We were thinking of parking near a tram stop, either Pratignone or Via del Sansovino, getting the tram into SMN station. Is there a really safe place to park (paid or unpaid) anywhere outside Florence where we can just leave the luggage in the car from about noon to 6 p.m.? Do we really need to bring the luggage to the SMN station's left luggage area? Or do you know of any other safe, reliable businesses or hotels, pensiones, etc. where the owners might let us park and leave our luggage for six hours or less?

Thanks very much for your advice!
BarbaraH

Ciao Barbara,

In this case, with all suitcases inside, I'd really just go for a private garage and pay the higher fee to be on the safe side. Even the public parking lots are unmanned and thus not safe, while the private ones always have someone on duty. They are all in the center, you do enter the ZTL area to get to them but as it is their business you were reaching, all they need is to take your license plate number and send it to the police database (they have a computer program to do it) within 3 hours of your arrival so that you don't pay any fines. Take a look at this one, which has several: www.firparking.com/

Thanks, Lourdes!!

We really appreciate your advice!

Ciao Barbara,

In this case, with all suitcases inside, I'd really just go for a private garage and pay the higher fee to be on the safe side. Even the public parking lots are unmanned and thus not safe, while the private ones always have someone on duty. They are all in the center, you do enter the ZTL area to get to them but as it is their business you were reaching, all they need is to take your license plate number and send it to the police database (they have a computer program to do it) within 3 hours of your arrival so that you don't pay any fines. Take a look at this one, which has several: www.firparking.com/