Italy trip in June

Marian Z

We are visiting Tuscany in June. We are travelling from Venice on June 20 when our tour is ended.We would like to spend time in Tuscany. We have our return flight leaving Rome on June 23rd. Do you have any recommendations for hotels?
There is only my husband and I travelling.
What is the best way to return to Rome for our flight home? Our flight time is 3:30 pm. I am concerned about spending too much time travelling and would like to spend our last few days relaxing and enjoying the beauty of Tuscany.
Would we be better off spending our last night in Rome so as not to be rushed on our last day? Thanks for your info! This is our first visit to Italy and want it to be great.

stay in Florence for 3 nights then head to Rome

Ciao Marian,

Since you have just 3 nights between Venice and Rome, I'd say the best place to stay in is in Florence and to use trains for transportation, they are very reliable and easy to use.

You do need to be at the airport at least 2 hours before, but trains luckily have gotten faster and Florence-Rome takes about 1.5 hours... add to that the train shuttle to the airport, but I think it is doable the day of.... so you could leave Florence around 9am to be in Rome Termini by 10.30 or 11 at the latest, have time to catch the train to the airport and make it on time... you can check train schedules on both http://www.trenitalia.com/ and http://www.italotreno.it/en/ to see schedules and cost as there are specials often. On Trenitalia, make sure to take the Frecciarossa or Frecciargento, those are the fast trains.... the slow regional ones take about 3.5 hours, you definitely do not want to take one of those.

As far as accommodation in Florence, I'd recommend a B&B or small hotel in the center of the city so that you're easy walking distance from all of the sights. You can go out, and go back to rest as many times as you want... take time to enjoy meals and soak in the setting and atmosphere, Italy is magical :) I am sure if you love it and can, you'll come back again!

You can find some very nice B&Bs on this page: http://www.florenceaccommodation.com/florence-historical-center-bed-and-breakfasts/
It is hard to recommend one in particular without knowing your budget but take a look and ask any more questions and I'll try to help!

We are visiting Tuscany in June. We are travelling from Venice on June 20 when our tour is ended.We would like to spend time in Tuscany. We have our return flight leaving Rome on June 23rd. Do you have any recommendations for hotels?
There is only my husband and I travelling.
What is the best way to return to Rome for our flight home? Our flight time is 3:30 pm. I am concerned about spending too much time travelling and would like to spend our last few days relaxing and enjoying the beauty of Tuscany.
Would we be better off spending our last night in Rome so as not to be rushed on our last day? Thanks for your info! This is our first visit to Italy and want it to be great.

Italy offers the perfect destination for a short break. Explore the sights and sounds that make one of the world's greatest cities.Italy has a large option of space and accommodation options.