Romatic Spot in Tuscany for a wedding proposal

Barbara

Romatic Spot in Tuscany for a wedding proposal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My daughter's boyfriend is suprising her with a trip to Rome, Tuscany and Venice. He plans on proposing to her in the Tuscany region, by the way his family was from Lucca. He has been searching for a very romantic spot to ask her to marry him. Can you help with some suggestions. Also, they will take a train from Rome to Florence spend the day in Florence and spend 4 days in Tuscany. The will be staying at the Villa Il Patriarca | Chiusi, Italy. Can you suggest some tours or winery tours or must see things to so.
Thank you very much.

romantic spot for proposal

Ciao Barbara,

I doubt your daughter's fiance will find it difficult to find the right spot and moment to propose - a sunset anywhere with a view would be romantic most anywhere in Florence or Tuscany.

My personal experience was a proposal after sunset after a walk up to the Piazzale Michelangelo and on the steps in front of the San Miniato church. It was very romantic, with a magnificent view of Florence.

There is another area near there, further along the boulevard after San Miniato church, with park benches that overlook Florence without any of the crowds around the Piazzale. I think watching the sunset over Florence would be a perfect moment.

If they'll be in Siena and touring around Tuscany, I think he could also just ask help at his hotel in reserving dinner at a restaurant with views over the surrounding countryside. Italians are great romantics, if he asks for help he will get it to make sure it comes out perfect.
There are many beautiful abbeys and hills with cypresses all over, I imagine it will be easier for him to find a location once they are here than trying to plan it to the T beforehand.

Ah Chiusi - they'll be very close to Lake Trasimeno - that would definitely be romantic... a meal overlooking the lake from the shore or from one of the small islands in the middle of the lake. Just an example - Oso is a restaurant on Isola Maggiore, see their site for more info: http://www.ristoranteloso.com/loso/uk/index.html

Thank You

Thank you for your wonderful suggestions everything you mention sounds perfect. I will get back to you and let you know how it turned out. Also, while in Tuscany, they will have a car that they will pick up in Florence, can you please suggest day trips from there hotel in Chiusi? Once again thank you for your suggestions.

Barbara

Hello

Thanks for your nice suggestions. Tuscany is perfect for wedding couples. Tuscan style wedding is a perfect wedding. There are many romantic spots for a wedding proposal. There are many beautiful abbey's and hills which is too attractive. This moment is unforgettable. It is perfect place for honeymooners.:D