Up coming Trip to Italy

Marcello

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Italy middle of October.
We are flighting into Milan Malpensa and plan to base our stay in Il Borgo Di Villa Castelletti, Signa
for a 6 days visit of Florence and Tuscany region.
We are considering renting a car in Milan and driving the 3 plus hours in order to have transportation to and around the hotel.
I am not sure if this will be the best way or going via train and visiting, Florence, Pisa, and Siena by train during the first few days and then renting a car the last couple of days.
We are considering the suggested 7 days in Tuscany suggested itinerary.

Ciao Marcello,

Since you're staying in Signa from the very start and need to get out there with all your suitcases, I think renting the car in Milan and driving down is a good solution if you feel like driving from the very start.
Otherwise, another perfectly good option is to take the train down to Florence, rent the car in Florence (most car rental agencies are a few blocks from the main train station) to head out to Signa to your accommodation. You can easily get into Florence half way with the car and then with the tram to do a day or two in Florence, then use the car for Pisa, Siena and all of the other sights in Tuscany. The car will save you time moving around.