Small Tour Group to chianti area

jerrineseah

Dear friends,

Me and my boyfriend is interested to travel up to Chianti area to visit the winery and visit Greve. We do not have driving license thus would prefer to join a small package tour group. I heard that there are small group tours to these areas, any recommendations? I am hoping to cover Greve as part of the itinerary as some wine tours do not cover Greve. is it true that on Sat there would be a big market in Greve? Would it be open in beginning feb as well? Thank you for all the advice you can provide me.

Ciao Jerrineseah,

I just answered your other question about Siena and Pisa - and like i said over there, if your time is limited, then a tour is definitely the way to go.

There are many tours into Chianti from Florence - take a look here.
They are all based around wine tastings so not necessarily go into specific towns - some do, but the descriptions don't specify where the tour goes specifically.

There is a market in Greve every Saturday, which offers a bit of everything - from fresh produce, cheeses, olive oils and salamis to household items, such as linens, towels, gadgets for the kitchen. It is always on, no matter the time of year.

So if you want to go to Greve in particular, you can take a bus from Florence and get there pretty easily. Read more about Greve with info on the bus at the end here.