Suggestions for two night base in Chianti

Hi, we are planning a short trip to Tuscany end July 2014. We have two nights in Rome, then travel by car to a B&B near Montepulciano for two nights where we plan to see Pienza, San Quirico, Montalcino.

We then move onto a B&B for another two nights at San Gimignano where we hope to visit Siena, possibly Monteriggioni and maybe Volterra. We have been to San Gimignano before so will be happy to just spend the late afternoon/evening to avoid the crowds.

From there we have two nights free before heading to Cinque Terre, via Lucca.

We are keen to spend this time in Chianti somewhere and I am wondering where to focus looking for accommodation – Radda, Greve, Castellina or Panzano? We would just like to kick back, enjoy the food and wine. Ideally somewhere that has a pool and is air conditioned, and where having the car isn’t a problem. Might be nice to be able to walk to evening restaurant if possible. Any suggestions of favourite Chianti areas to stay or accommodation recommendations for the two nights would be very much appreciated. Should also mention we have been to Florence before and wont be trying to cram it in this time around, so not a consideration, but instead very much looking forward to experiencing Chianti.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Hello! Either Castellina or Radda would be great bases to explore the Chianti region. I'd spend a day around Castellina, doing wine tasting between there, San Donato in Poggio and Greve and the second day spend it between Radda, Gaiole, Panzano and Castelnuovo Berardenga. So a great base for both would definitely be Radda, where you won't have problems with parking or with evening dining.
Some places I recommend:
Relais Vignale
Hotel Radda