Information for Cruise Ship passengers who want to do their own.

The Huntress

I have visited Florence several times always as a cruise ship passenger. To me the most beautiful city in the world.

Trying to help fellow cruisers who want to do Florence on his own. I though I knew where the coaches dropped people off but there seems to be several places.

Please does anyone know where passengers are dropped off, even if it could be one several places so to speak.

Ciao Huntress,

Hope you can come back soon and stay longer - I always get the impression that those that arrive on a cruise ship and then visit Florence are always in a hurry as their time is really limited!!

As far as drop off points, you're right and there are several points where buses can drop off passengers. But there are essentially 2 that are used the most because they are the closest to the center. At the very top of this article, you will see a map that pinpoints all of the drop-off points. While the article is aimed at the bus drivers, it should be useful to you and your friend as well (if you zoom out once on the map you will see all of the stops). The 2 that should interest you are:
1. Lungarno Pecori Giraldi: it is along the river and from there you walk back toward Piazza Santa Croce and the center.
2. Via la Pira/Via La Dogana
: since it is a drop off only point, you might also have used this one... but then passengers really need a guide to walk them back to Lungarno Giraldi for pickup. It is right by Piazza San Marco so also a very short walk to the Duomo and other sights.

Hope this info is useful, let us know if you have any other questions or send your friend the link to the site so that he can look around and read more in preparation for his visit ;-)