Confirm Art School is Legitimate

rebeccalillian

I'm wondering how I can confirm if the art school I would like to attend this summer for a short 2 week workshop is legitimate and offers good services. There seems to be another school with the same address that has similar photos on a different site so I'm not sure if it is a legitimate school with respectable classes. I can't find any reviews online. Is there a way to check this out. The school is called Accademia d'art and also one called Leonardo Da Vinci Art School has the same address and courses, so not sure if they are one and the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there some sort of Better Business Bureau in Italy that lists
businesses and their qualilty.

Thank you.

Ciao Rebecca,

I deleted the other post with your same questions, that way you only get replies in one place.

I searched for the two schools, I have heard of the ADA one for sure, and you're right, having the same address and practically the same courses makes it seem iffy. Not sure why they do that, but the closest you get to checking out whether they are legitimate is through the Agenzia delle Entrate using their partita iva codes listed on the sites (obligatory).
This shows they are both legit and have been in operation since 2010, and are in fact two separate legal and fiscal entities:
ACCADEMIA D'ARTE AD'A ASS. CULTURALE
SCUOLA LEONARDO DA VINCI ARTE E CULTURA SRL

The first is a cultural association, the second is an incorporated company. The difference is definitely for fiscal reasons.... they are practically the same... it could be they are two partners and in the end work together and then divide up the students, not sure! You could contact them directly with the same question you asked and see what the tell you. You could also contact them to ask whether there are past student reviews on the web somewhere, if they can point them out.

If I was in your shoes, I'd take a look at the class you want and see if they cost the same, or if the deposit is the same and go with the more convenient one for YOU. The schools seem legitimate, I don't think it will impact on your experience as a student or experience in Florence.

On the other hand, you don't mention what workshop interested you but there are many other schools offering similar courses in Florence. So you could always keep searching and see if another school appeals to you more. Take a look here for a few more.

Confirming Art School Legitimacy

Thanks for the quick response and information.

I had looked at some of the schools you provided links to and check those I hadn't, but most do not offer a 2-week only course or workshop in the area I would like to study, which is contemporary art and also sculpture. The Accademia D'art does offer this.

I checked with the school and they do have a partnership as you suggested, where Scuola Leonardo Da Vinci sends students wishing to take classes not available at their school to the Accademia D'art for those specific courses. So I'm feeling a bit better about this. I'll also check Agenzi delle Entrate.

Thank you, this information has been most helpful!

Best regards

Ciao Rebecca,

I deleted the other post with your same questions, that way you only get replies in one place.

I searched for the two schools, I have heard of the ADA one for sure, and you're right, having the same address and practically the same courses makes it seem iffy. Not sure why they do that, but the closest you get to checking out whether they are legitimate is through the Agenzia delle Entrate using their partita iva codes listed on the sites (obligatory).
This shows they are both legit and have been in operation since 2010, and are in fact two separate legal and fiscal entities:
ACCADEMIA D'ARTE AD'A ASS. CULTURALE
SCUOLA LEONARDO DA VINCI ARTE E CULTURA SRL

The first is a cultural association, the second is an incorporated company. The difference is definitely for fiscal reasons.... they are practically the same... it could be they are two partners and in the end work together and then divide up the students, not sure! You could contact them directly with the same question you asked and see what the tell you. You could also contact them to ask whether there are past student reviews on the web somewhere, if they can point them out.

If I was in your shoes, I'd take a look at the class you want and see if they cost the same, or if the deposit is the same and go with the more convenient one for YOU. The schools seem legitimate, I don't think it will impact on your experience as a student or experience in Florence.

On the other hand, you don't mention what workshop interested you but there are many other schools offering similar courses in Florence. So you could always keep searching and see if another school appeals to you more. Take a look here for a few more.

Accademia D'Arte ADA

Hello my name is Monica I work at Accademia D'Arte ADA, located in the center of Florence. Accademia d’Arte AD’A, offers courses in art and culture for a wide variety of students, both foreign and Italian, who are interested in understanding and, or, deepening their knowledge of specific artistic disciplines.

Accademia D’Arte AD’A offers its Art Courses to important Italian language schools in Florence and agencies in Italy such as Arte Leonardo.
So this may answer your question. ADA is an art school and other agencies sells our programs. You will find the same prices the only difference is that one works as an agency selling our courses..

Best
Monica