Tuscany :)

Psps15

Hello All

Me and my other half are planning a trip to Italy (21 June to 2 July). I have wanted to see the Italian countryside for ages but was wondering if we should do a few days in Rome first and then Tuscany. We want a laid back holiday to recover from work and hence was thinking of just Tuscany. Will 10 days be too long for Tuscany?

If we just go to Tuscany, what town/village should we use as a base to make day trips to Florence or other places of natural beauty and old towns ( perhaps Siena and around it, montepulciano and nearby). We would prefer a decent hotel and plan to rent a car. I have done a lot of research and am very confused!!:confused:

What we don't need is a stressful/hectic holiday.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Hello All

Me and my other half are planning a trip to Italy (21 June to 2 July). I have wanted to see the Italian countryside for ages but was wondering if we should do a few days in Rome first and then Tuscany. We want a laid back holiday to recover from work and hence was thinking of just Tuscany. Will 10 days be too long for Tuscany?

If we just go to Tuscany, what town/village should we use as a base to make day trips to Florence or other places of natural beauty and old towns ( perhaps Siena and around it, montepulciano and nearby). We would prefer a decent hotel and plan to rent a car. I have done a lot of research and am very confused!!:confused:

What we don't need is a stressful/hectic holiday.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Hi,
absolutely 10 days are not enough to visit Tuscany, you and your partner will fall in love with the amazing countryside!
I suggest you to lodge in any location in Val D’Orcia area (south of Siena, stunning countryside, perfect base area to visit Montalcino, Siena, Montepulciano, Bagno Vignoni) and to move after to some “agriturismo” between Siena & Florence, in the Chianti area, where you can visit medieval castles and old town, visit wineyards and have a pleasant wine tasting. Also, on 2nd July in Siena there’s the Palio , the most famous historical horse race in the world, I think it would be an interesting experience 
Pisa and Lucca also worth 1 day visit. Renting a car would be the perfect solution!
Have fun!