7 days see Rome and Tuscany

fdowsley

We will have 7 nights to see Rome and Tuscany (flying into Rome/out of Florence), the first week of Oct, '14. We are considering 2 nights in Rome for private Vatican tour and ruins, etc. Question is-- given short time frame, should we spend remaining 5 nights in Florence as our hub, and spend our time exploring Florence and a day trip or 2 to the countryside, or split up those nights -- maybe 3 in Florence and 2 in the countryside? We are thinking train from Rome to Florence, and then perhaps rent a car or scooter for all or part of the time. Thanks!

Tuscan countryside

We will have 7 nights to see Rome and Tuscany (flying into Rome/out of Florence), the first week of Oct, '14. We are considering 2 nights in Rome for private Vatican tour and ruins, etc. Question is-- given short time frame, should we spend remaining 5 nights in Florence as our hub, and spend our time exploring Florence and a day trip or 2 to the countryside, or split up those nights -- maybe 3 in Florence and 2 in the countryside? We are thinking train from Rome to Florence, and then perhaps rent a car or scooter for all or part of the time. Thanks!

Dear Sir/Madam,

the city you selected are beautiful and I'm sure you can spend pleasant moments there. Rome is definetely a destination non to be missed: you will like anything you'll see, I am sure!
When you'll be in Tuscany, my advice is to spend at least 3 days in Florence, to see the city in all its wonders!
Since you're planning to spend at least 2 days in the Tuscan countryside, I propose the beautiful city of Arezzo , easily reachable by public transport from Florence ( one hour by train or 50 minutes by car) .

Ancient Etruscan town , Arezzo offers a lot to its visitors. Among the main attractions are the Piazza Grande , the main square of the city, where you can see the gallery of Giorgio Vasari ( Italian architect ) . The square is the same as it was shot on film " Life is Beautiful " by Roberto Benigni !
The city is also famous because it is home to the beautiful frescoes by Piero della Francesca in the Basilica of St. Francis.

What's Near Arezzo , you can also visit beautiful countries, including Anghiari and Cortona , surrounded by the wonderful hills of Tuscany.

If you want other information , please visit our website: www.incomingarezzo.com
Incomingarezzo is a group of three hotels , which are located in the historic center of Arezzo , born from the need to satisfy the economic needs of those who come to visit our Arezzo !

In any case , I wish you a good holiday !:D

Sincerely,
Giulia