First Time to Tuscany - Reggello, Tuscany

Laura Craig

Hi! My husband and I heading to Italy for the first time in two weeks and have four nights in Tuscany. We're staying in a little cottage in Reggello. We're just wondering what are some things to do whilst we are in the region. We will have a car to get around. We're from Australia and both 27. We would love any suggestions on what to see and do. We're so excited to visit, what I hear is the most beautiful region in Italy. Thanks in advance :) Laura

You will fall in love with Italy and Tuscany and 4 days will not seem enough! ;)

Since it's your first time, I highly suggest you stick to the main sights - Florence, Siena and Chianti, at least a day in each discovering each one. Just take a look at this suggested itinerary, to have an idea of what else there is in case you want to switch. Reggello is quite close to Florence, but you're also not that far from Arezzo either so you could head in that direction for your 4th day ;-)

http://www.discovertuscany.com/itineraries-in-tuscany/one-week-in-tuscany.html

I know! We're in Italy for two weeks in total but just traveling around. Thank you so much for those suggestions. We arrive into Florence so we might peek around there on the day. Can't wait to explore the suggestions you've given us. Thank you!

Great! You'll love Italy, it is packed with so much to see and sooo much history. Even if small, compared to Australia, you'll find every single small village contains a lot!

See how much time you have in Florence then on the first day and maybe head back if you don't end up seeing much ;-)

Enjoy!

Tuscany most important attractions

Tuscany is such a wonderful region that is actually hard to speak about it in just a few words...There are so many things to see and such a variety of landscapes that you get the impression of touring many different regions and countries!!
Anyway, waiting for Lourdes more expert advices, I'll resume in a few words the MUST SEE of our splendid region.
Obviously, first of all there's Florence, the capital region, usually referred to as the cradle of Renaissance for its wonderful treasures of art, have a look at this site where you'll find all you want to know about FLorence, whit pictures, info about museums, events and so on:
http://www.visitflorence.com/

Siena, Lucca, Pisa are other cities to visit once one gets there: Siena is the place where the famous Palio annually takes place. Lucca, instead, is usually referred to as the one hundred churches city for its high number of churches and cathedrals, while Pisa is the city of the famous Leaning Tower and the Miracles Square.
Arezzo and Cortona are other marvellous city locations to see, but Tuscany is home to many little quaint villages that are really worth a visit, mainly nestled among the green rolling hills that characterize the countryside. I can't believe you've never heard about Chianti area, where the famous Chianti wine is produced: besides being a region famous for its wines and typical products - like cheese, ham, beef meat - it's a marvelous area to calmly drive for enjoying its breathtaking and panoramic views.

Maremma to the south and Versilia to the north are sea and nature locations, home to long and marvelous coastlines for enjoying the Tuscan Sun.

Take a look at this seven days itinerary for discovering the best of Tuscany and have an idea of what to see in the region:
http://www.discovertuscany.com/itineraries-in-tuscany/one-week-in-tuscany.html

Val d'Orcia, Garfagnana, Casentino, Mugello...it's a never ending list of places to visit, it also depends on what you prefer to visit (city locations, countryside, sea or mountains...) and the time you've at your disposal.

Have a look at the web pages I've suggested you to see and then get back to us if you want to have more details on specific subjects: we'll easily help you to discover our splendid Tuscany!

Hi Laura

Hi! My husband and I heading to Italy for the first time in two weeks and have four nights in Tuscany. We're staying in a little cottage in Reggello. We're just wondering what are some things to do whilst we are in the region. We will have a car to get around. We're from Australia and both 27. We would love any suggestions on what to see and do. We're so excited to visit, what I hear is the most beautiful region in Italy. Thanks in advance :) Laura

Hi Laura!

Tuscany is definitely the nicest region in Italy. There are plenty of things to do and see and you can't waste a single minute. Renting a car is a great option as it gives you maximum flexibility yo choose when and where to go. If you are planning a car journey you should at least visit one of the multiple scenic routes that you will find in the region. One of the most famous landscapes of Tuscany is the road that leaves the town of la Foce and goes on towards the village of Radicofani, crossing through the beautiful Val d´Orcia. Among this route you will find the famous S shape road with the cypress trees by the sides.

Another impressive route is the road that goes from Taverne d´Arbia to Asciano, which is situated in the province of Siena. You will enjoy a road through the breathtaking Crete Lunari and Crete Senesi, one of the most impressive landscapes of the Tuscan countryside.

A route through Chianti is also recommended. The route that goes from El Castello di Brolio to Castello Ricasoli is one of the options. You will be able to walk through the wineries of these two castles that produce excellent wines and taste some of the best and worldwide known wines of the area.

There are so many things to do in Tuscany... Each city hides an amazing history and culture.

If you want further information about opening hours, things to do, news or just learn more about this amazing region I think this website can help you.