good snorkling beach

pjt

We will be coming from Volterra and want to know of some good beaches closes to there where we can snorkle and if there are places to rent snorkle equipment.

The area closest to Volterra along the coast is perfect for snorkeling! Then, of course, the best place I've seen is on Elba island itself but that is a bit further away....

Head directly west to Cecina and then north - the area from there to Castiglioncello and to Quercianella is mostly not sandy, but cliffs and reefs, so perfect for snorkeling as well as scuba diving.

There are centers with equipment for both, although I've often seen the tube+goggles for sale pretty cheaply since so many beach goers decide last minute to get something to "play" with... haven't seen the fins as often, but am sure the centers that have the equipment will have more quality products.

In Cecina, there is this scuba center that also organizes tours - take a look: http://www.centro-sub.com/snorkeling.htm

Have fun!!

snorkeling in Tuscany

You can also look into the Populonia area and Golfo di Baratti are not too far off from Volterra and I have been SCUBA diving there. You will find a couple small diving places along the coast with rental equipment and the beaches are beautiful.