Visiting small wineries

Zane

Hi,
I'll be traveling to Tuscany in October with mu family and we are interested in visiting small private wineries. The main information that I found on the internet suggests bigger wineries in which we are not interested. Could someone please give me some suggestions maybe of wine roads where we could find small wineries which are not very expensive?
Thank you!

small winery

www.trecciano.it
Located in the beautiful countryside around Siena (Sovicille). After Trecciano, you could continue in direction of Ancaiano, than turn into a dirt road towards Cetinale, Pernina, Celsa, (very nice road). At the end of the dirt track, you will reach the asphalt road again that will take you back to Siena....
Saluti
Tourist information office of Sovicille

Small wineries outside of Greve

One of my personal favorites is a little place above Greve in Chianti near a great little town called Montefioralle (perfect place to stop for photos!)

Try Azienda Agrigola Altiero. They produce both wine and olive oil. It is a small family run vineyard and every time I have gone up to visit (and taste test) they have been very friendly.

http://www.altieroinchianti.it/contattaci.htm

Buon Viaggio

The countryside here is dotted with small wineries in each wine area.
Where are you staying? I'd recommend asking the place where you are staying at for the small, family owned wineries in their area - you will get the best, most authentic experience away from crowds. They likely already operate with "hang the sign" on the road, and welcome people who pass by and stop, not publicizing themselves on the internet too much ;-).