Easter Monday in Florence

sue60

Hello, My husband and I are visiting Florence over Easter. I am getting conflicting information about what will be open on Easter Monday. Can you please let me know if museums, art galleries, shops, restaurants etc will open on Easter Monday??. Thank you.

Museum openings on Easter Monday

Dear sue60,

I can understand your confusion, since most museums in Florence are generally close on Mondays. ;)

At the moment there has not been any official information about museum openings for Easter 2010. But as happened on Easter 2009 in Florence, main museums were open both on Easter and Easter Monday and are likely to be open this year as well.

So I would say that the Uffizi Gallery, as well as the Academy Gallery, Pitti Palace, the Bargello Museum and others will be open. Here is the list of museums opened last year on Easter Monday.

Unfortunately for now we have to wait to have official news. We will post more information and schedules as soon as we have it.

Please be patient in the meantime and don't hesitate to come back with other questions. :D

Thank you very much for your response Valentina.
What about shops, restaurants, cafes etc will they be open on Easter Monday?
If not, any suggestions for something to do if everything is closed?? I guess towns like Lucca and Prato would be also be closed. Any suggestions most welcome.

Events in Florence and Tuscany on Easter 2010

Dear sue60,

As promised we finally collect some information to share with you about events on Easter Sunday and Monday in Florence and Tuscany.

I suggest you read our post on Easter 2010 in Florence and Tuscany to find more information.

I wish you a Happy Easter in the meantime and hope you'll share with us your experience in Tuscany :D