trip advice - PISA, FLORENCE, LUCCA, SIENA, SAN GIMIGNANO

Maz

Hi,
I wonder if someone can give me some advice. I am travelling to Tuscany via Pisa Airport mid October 2015 for 7 days. I would like to visit the above places spending 3 days in Florence and visiting over the remaining days.

I am not really sure of where I would be best to base myself, whether splitting my trip over 2 places would utilise my time better. I will be using public transport so I am looking for convenience and keeping to a budget.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Visiting PISA FLORENCE & More

Hello,

Once you get to Florence you can actually use that as a base to go back to Pisa/Lucca with the train. It is a regional train so it is a little slow but not exceedingly so. I would do this before you moved onto your second location.

Then you could pack up and go to Siena for the remaining days. Though it is an active and bustling environment, the city center of Siena is much different from Florence. Taking advantage of public transport to get you to places like Montereggioni and even San Gimignano is do-able from Siena, check out this page it has a lot of info, plus a link to the bus timetables at the end:
http://www.discovertuscany.com/san-gimignano/how-to-reach-san-gimignano.html

Buon Viaggio

Hi, Thank you so much. This has given me some good ideas to get my plans in motion. :)

Hi,
I wonder if someone can give me some advice. I am travelling to Tuscany via Pisa Airport mid October 2015 for 7 days. I would like to visit the above places spending 3 days in Florence and visiting over the remaining days.

I am not really sure of where I would be best to base myself, whether splitting my trip over 2 places would utilise my time better. I will be using public transport so I am looking for convenience and keeping to a budget.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks