Beer

Most definitely! Most restaurants will also have beer options, although they might not be as varied and wide a choice as the wine list. Over all of Italy, there is growing interest in artisan and brewing beers so you'll be surprised. I've been to a few new places in Florence which have made it part of their special offerings to have a variety of beers from tap to try out. In Florence, I'm thinking in particular of the pizzeria Berberè in Oltrarno (which opened last fall but had really slow service when we tried it out in October). -
In Greve in Chianti, there is a whole shop dedicated to beers - http://www.labirrotecadigreve.it/

Italian Artisan Beer

Buongiorno,

Lourdes is spot on, most places do have beer -- it's normally Italian beer, standard like Perotti or Moretti.

However jst this weekend I went to Il Bovaro (via Pisana 3 near Porta San Frediano - walk able for the city center) and they had a some local beers ranging from Green - to Weis - to a Dark Beer. Nice environment and they had several options ranging from a glass at 4 € to a 2 liter carafe at 18€.

Buon Viaggio

Most definitely! Most restaurants will also have beer options, although they might not be as varied and wide a choice as the wine list. Over all of Italy, there is growing interest in artisan and brewing beers so you'll be surprised. I've been to a few new places in Florence which have made it part of their special offerings to have a variety of beers from tap to try out. In Florence, I'm thinking in particular of the pizzeria Berberè in Oltrarno (which opened last fall but had really slow service when we tried it out in October). -
In Greve in Chianti, there is a whole shop dedicated to beers - http://www.labirrotecadigreve.it/[/QUOT

Thank you so much. We are going in 2016! Looking forward to the trip!

Buongiorno,

Lourdes is spot on, most places do have beer -- it's normally Italian beer, standard like Perotti or Moretti.

However jst this weekend I went to Il Bovaro (via Pisana 3 near Porta San Frediano - walk able for the city center) and they had a some local beers ranging from Green - to Weis - to a Dark Beer. Nice environment and they had several options ranging from a glass at 4 € to a 2 liter carafe at 18€.

Buon Viaggio

So glad to have people that have been there to ask. I drink Bush Light in America which is just a cheap, sorta watered down beer but that is about as heavy of a beer I can drink. I guess I will have to try a few to find the right one. Thank you