Florence

Arati

Hello ! We Will be visiting Florence in may, but we only have one day to visit, so in order to save some times, we Will definitly buy a firenze card, we Will be arriving by car from castellina and would like to be the closest from the historical site, so we thought about parking below the central train station s.m. Novella, buying our card at the museo bargello, and Start our visit at the santa Maria del fiore, climb to the top of the duomo, then degli uffizi, palazzo pitti, boboli gardens and piazza della signoria, in that order does that makes sence? Also, can you please recommand one or two good places to get a sandwich. Thank you in advance for your precious advises.

Firenze Card

Boungiorno,

If you only have one day in Florence, I am not so sure that the Firenze Card is what you want to get. The idea of the Firenze card is 72Euros for 3 days...plus the site does not indicate that Bargello is one of the pick up places.

If you are doing it to have fast entrance into the museums then you can pre-book the museums that you are most interested in however, Boboli Gardens and Museo Bargello rarely have a long line. However, It sounds as if you are super loading the day at the Museums ... and not a lot of time enjoying the city.

Perhaps you could narrow it down to one or two museums and then walking the markets, the streets, Piazzale Michelangelo for a one of a kind vista over the city, Ponte Vecchio and some genuine Florence Gelato.

As for a place to eat - one of my favorite little places to eat is at Yellow Bar, a bit touristy but they offer great pizzas and a wide selection of delicious green salads . . . perfect for restoring you after a busy day. I have always taken my family there and it is a favorite of the kids because they love to watch them make the pizzas.

Buon Viaggio