Lourdes, please help!

Bellagio

I posted this a few days ago, but Autocorrect changed the title to "Terracotta" holiday, so I just wanted to restate a question about the Ferragosto holiday that could easily be overlooked otherwise. My question is important to me because we are traveling in with family members who have serious health issues surrounding food, and I just want to know because planning is harder than would be normally typical.
Hoping not to have to fly in with groceries??

Here is the original post:
"I will be with family staying just outside Radda in Chianti for the August 15th Ferragosto holiday (a Saturday). We will not arrive until that morning. How likely is it that we will be able to find food- either markets or restaurants being open that day or anywhere in the vicinity?"

Any thoughts at all would be helpful. thank you!

Lourdes I need Your Help too!

We are planning on spending 8-10 days in the region. We hope to spend some time in Florence, and also visit some smaller towns and wineries in the region and also spend 1-2 days in the Cinque Terra. There are other thoughts if time permits,(Bologna, Como) but at this point we just need to get a foundation, and try to figure out how much time, the logistics, transportation(rent a car for part of the trip?) etc.
Can you help?
I also thought maybe flying into Pisa from Berlin (we'll be there for a few days first) might make sense.
Thanks in advance for your help