Tuscany accomodation - Is booking essential?

edivon

Me and my wife are planning a trip by car to Tuscany first/second week of july this summer. Dates are unfortunately a bit uncertain and will be for a long time still. Primary target area is the Chianti area between Firenze and Siena.

Could anyone give some indication on the need for pre booked accomodation during this period. We are aimíng at hotels in villages rather than b&b or agritourismos.

Will be happy for any kind of relevant feedback.

/edivon

pre-booking in July would be a good idea

Ciao edivon,

I think booking is essential as June-August is high season in Tuscany. Even if you're not really interested in staying at an agriturismo, which have weekly stays during high season, smaller villages in the countryside have more limited hotel accommodation than a place like Florence.

If you look through the Tuscany hotels category in Tuscany Accommodation.com and find several you like, check out their booking and cancellation conditions. Many hotels allow cancellation up to a few days prior without penalty so that would give you a chance to book for the two weeks you're thinking you might come and letting you cancel closer to your dates once you know precisely when you're coming.

Let us know if you want more precise recommendations or ideas once you have an itinerary in mind :)

Thnx

Lourdes
Thanks for the feedback. I was afraid of that. Seems like we´ll have to sit down and try to sort the dates out then...

/edivon