www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Cinque Terre to Siena to Rome...expertise needed!

Default Cinque Terre to Siena to Rome...expertise needed!

Hi, this June my wife and I will be spending 2 nights in Cinque Terre followed by 2 nights in Siena and then 2 nights in Rome. We will be renting a car in La Spezia and driving down to Siena, keeping the car to explore and then turning in before heading to Rome. I would love some thoughts on the following itinerary....

La Spezia > Greve Chianti > San Gimignano > Siena (Day 1)
    Siena > Val d'Orcia > Siena (Day 2)

Can anyone recommend a good loop for Day 2? We would like to visit Multipulciano and are open to any other suggestions as we have heard that region is awesome!

Thanks in advance!

Default Loops in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

Your first day probably be (travel wise San Gimignano comes first)

La Spezia > San Gimignano > Greve Chianti (quaint and on the way - Montefioralle) > Siena (Day 1)

As for your second day:

Siena > Montepulciano (go to the furtherst town first and then head back in) > Pienza > Bagno Vignoni > Siena

Buon Viaggio

Default Wineries?

Montefioralle winery is on our list for the trip in from CT. Any suggestions for wineries in the Val d'Orcia region? We like smaller family-run wineries!

Default Vineyards in Val d'Orcia

Buongiorno -

I am not that familiar with family run vineyards - but here are a few that you can look into:

Altesino between Montalcino and Buonconvento - historic cantina, beatutiful views. I have been here and they have a nice tour of the cantina

Castelnuovo Tancredi - the last time I was here, the person who did the tour was quite the character (fun type!) The farm is truly amazing.

This is definitely family run - it is a brother sister team, though I personally have never been to see the cantina, it is supposed to be very interesting. Bartoli Giusti

Buon Viaggio

Share and Bookmark!