7 Days in Tuscany

Sara Moreton

Hi Me, myself and 10 year old son having booked flights to Bologna from 25th August for 7 days and would like some advice on the best way to maximise our trip round Tuscany.

We were planning on travelling by train from Bologna to Florence. Not sure whether to base ourselves there to explore Florence with day trips to Lucca, Pisa and Siena or whether to have a few days in Florence followed by a few days in Lucca and a few days in Siena. We need to be back in Bologna the day before the flight as we leave quite early.

Would welcome your advice. I have been to Florence, Siena and Pisa before but my family has not and I really excited about showing them how glorious Tuscany is. What would you suggest regarding where to base ourselves and would you suggest anywhere else to visit?

Many thanks for your help

Sara

7 days in tuscany

Buonasera!
I am sure your family will like Tuscany, it is such a beautiful region! personally I think that making long day trips is a bit tiring (especially for a 10 years old), I would choose something for a few days in Florence so that you really can enjoy this beautiful town and its sourroundigs. Than move to the countryside around Siena for another few days so that you can visit Siena, the Chianti area, the Val d'Orcia and than for another few days either Lucca or Pisa.