Firenze Card and non EU minor

nzhura25

Hello, I have a 16 year old daughter a non - EU citizen. Would I have to buy a Fienze card for her as well? If not, how would she gain entrance to the museum if both my husband and I will buy the cards? Thank you

This is directly from the Firenze Card site:

If the people under 18 years old are not European Union citizens and/or members of the same family unit of the Firenzecard holder, they can: buy a Firenzecard; collect the free ticket to visit the state and civic museums (i.e. Palazzo Vecchio, Cappella Brancacci, Galleria degli Uffizi, Galleria dell'Accademia, etc.) and purchase a ticket to visit the other museums without free admission. In this case we suggest you to buy a reservation to visit Galleria degli Uffizi and Galleria dell'Accademia (4€ for each) to enter all together through the reserved access.

This is because most state and city museums are FREE for those under 18 year. So for the Uffizi or Accademia, you can prebook a ticket for her and then she goes in with you, for the rest just bring her along, stop at the ticket office and pick up the free/reduced ticket for her.

Thank you Lourdes. Just to clarify I do not need to buy a separate card for my 16 year old if both of us wil buy them , correct? With the free tickets and an advance reservation tickets for Ufizzi, would I have to pick a time slot for her?

You don't need a separate card for her, the Uffizi and Accademia are the only ones where the prebooking is really a necessity given the long lines. That way she goes in with you.... but yes, it means deciding on a date and time to visit the Uffizi ahead of time so that you can book ahead.
I recommend booking that on http://www.uffizi.org (as an affiliated partner, we get a small commission which supports the work we do on this site - thank you for your support!).