Where to stay on the Tuscan Coast in October

Gráinne

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can suggest a nice place to stay on the coast in Tuscany. I hope to go in early October for a week. I like to walk on the beach and also to swim so a nice clean beach would be a plus. I need to be near enough to public transport as I will have no car and I would like to do day trips.. This is my second attempt to post on this forum looking for advice from the "Experts". My last post on the 19th of May has had 120 views and amazingly not one reply.Surely someone reading this must have an opinion of where is a nice coastal town to visit in Tuscany?? Hoping for a reply this time!!

Regards,

Gráinne

Staying along the Tuscan Coast

Buongiorno,

when holidaying on the coast, I have actually spent most of my time on the Islands (Elba and Giglio) which both offer great beaches but if you are looking to visit a bit of Tuscany - they might bit a bit uncomfortable for travel - even though they are well linked with public transport.

However if you are looking to stay near the coast and need good public transport you might want to consider San Vincenzo or Castiglioncello. I have stayed at both places and I like the beaches. Both are quite diverse between themselves and offer a different "beach" atmosphere but the towns are small enough to still be quaint and large enough to still offer good services.

Buon Viaggio

Buongiorno,

when holidaying on the coast, I have actually spent most of my time on the Islands (Elba and Giglio) which both offer great beaches but if you are looking to visit a bit of Tuscany - they might bit a bit uncomfortable for travel - even though they are well linked with public transport.

However if you are looking to stay near the coast and need good public transport you might want to consider San Vincenzo or Castiglioncello. I have stayed at both places and I like the beaches. Both are quite diverse between themselves and offer a different "beach" atmosphere but the towns are small enough to still be quaint and large enough to still offer good services.

Buon Viaggio

Thank you so much DonnaDenise for your suggestions. I would love to do a day trip to one of the islands. I haven't come across the other places you mentioned so I will look into that.

Grazie.

Gráinne

I know some of the famous hotels where you can do reservation for your stay.
Villa Roma Imperiale (Forte Dei Marmi)
Tenuta delle Ripalte (Capoliveri)
Tombolo Talasso Resort (Castagneto Carducci)
Mondial Resort & Spa (Marina di Pietrasanta)
Camping Village Baia Azzurra Club (Castiglione Della Pescaia)

Thank you johnirish, I will have a look at your suggestions!