6 Days in Tuscanny September

Cfriesen

Hello!

We (2 adults) are planning to be in the Tuscany region in September and need some recommendations on best area to stay along the coast or in the Northern part of Tuscany. We will be renting a car so transportation isn't a problem.

We are undecided as to whether the coastal or northern region is more ideal. We will be coming from 5 days in Nice and want to experience the true beauty of the region. Any recommendations for a home base in either of these areas would be appreciated. We are planning to go to Venice after being in Tuscany (by train).

Also, where would the best place be to pick up and drop of rental car considering our route?

Many thanks!!

Along the Coast in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

I just came back from a beautiful day on the beach in the Versilia and it was beautiful. Well worth the visit, the beaches are clean and the views are inspiring with the ocean on one side and the massive marble moutains on the other side. I visited a little town called Montignoso on the edge of Forte dei Marmi and used the beach facilities at Bagno Serna (approximately 30 Euro a day with parking, pool, beach chair, shower and bathrooms). I had a lovely view of the mountains while lounging at the pool !

You can visit the marble caves from here, Luca and Pisa are very close by and the countryside around Luca has several villas and vineyards that are open for tours and tasting. You could also look into visiting the parks in this area with their Roman ruins or take a horse back ride to enjoy the scenery.

How were you traveling down from Nice - by train?

Buon Viaggio