Tuscany Itinerary Suggestions

Higgins781

My family (wife and 2 kids, ages 15 and 18) are spending June 28th to June 30th in Florence and June 30th to July 4th in San Gimignano. We will have a rental car. Any suggestions for an itinerary will be greatly appreciated! This is our first trip to Italy

my Favorite places in Florence

Buongiorno,

Florence is a marvelous place to explore even if you have no final destination in mind, just walking around is so delicious.

However, I do have a few favorite place that I enjoy going back to over and over again.

Bargello, a thought provoking museum placed in a beautiful antique palazzo. The structure will capture your attention as much as the artwork inside

Palazzo Davanzati, a museum which recreates the interior of a palazzo from the medieval times. I really enjoy visualizing what Florence looked like in the 1300 / 1500's

San Minato, this church is in a panoramic position just a short distance above Piazzale Michelangelo. This church is not as visited but it has beautiful interiors, crypt and a noteworthy cemetery.

The last that I will mention here ... but by no means the list ends here ... Boboli gardens. I love to picnic here in a secluded corner listening to the sounds of Florence blend with the green green garden area.

I hope this helps a bit.

Buon Viaggio

Here are some suggestions

Buongiorno!
You will certainly need the first two days to explore the wonderful town of Florence and its surroundings. Once you are in San Gimignano, so from the 30th you could consider the following options:
30th of June, San Gimignano:
If you arrive the 30th in the morning, dedicate the afternoon to this really particular, little town that offers a lot.
1st July: One day for Siena (wonderful, medieval town)
2nd July: Monteriggioni, Sovicille, Chiusdino and the gothic Abbey of San Galgano (with the sword in the stone in the nearby Chapel of Montesiepi).
3rd July: The Chianti area (Castellina in Chianti, Radda in Chianti, Gaiole in Chianti and, if you have time, visit the beautiful Sculpture Park in Pievasciata).
Have a wonderful vacation!