Qualified for reduced price ticket?

Willy89

Hello everyone,

My name's William. I'm planning to visit several cities in Italy including Florence during this month and I wanted to book entrance tickets for the Accademia Gallery and Uffizi Gallery ahead on the Internet. I saw that reduced price tickets were applicable for EU citizens between 18 and 25 year old.

Does it mean 25 year old included (under 26)? I am currently 25 and EU citizen. So can I be qualified for the reduced price tickets?

From what I found, many italian museums and historical sites are proposing reduced price tickets whether for students or EU citizens between 18 and 25. But it is not very clear to me if it means "under 25 year old" or "under 26 year old".
- Rome colosseum's website is explaining between EU citizens 18 and 25 year old means "under 25"
- Milan world exposition's website is explaining between 18 and 25 year old means "under 26"
- Vatican museum's website is giving reduced price ticket for students under 26.

For the other places, they are only mentioning "between 18 and 25 year old"..So I am a little confused..

Thank you for your help.

Ciao!

For the Accademia and other state museums in Florence, reduced tickets are for:
- Citizens of the European Union between 18 and 25 years old (id card required)

The way I understand that, is that it is between 18 and up until you turn 25 years old.
Once you turn 25, you pay full price.

Ciao!

Thank you for your reply, you just confirmed my doubt.

My understanding was that logically the day one turns 25 was still good for that reduced price. I mean including both ends (18 and 25). Otherwise, it would just mean that the day one turns 18, he would not be qualified for that "between 18 and 25" price (and since he's definitely not qualified for under 18, he would just have to go for full price haha..).

But if I'm truly counting my age, 25 + x months, then I'm not really BETWEEN 18 and 25 anymore. But most people would just say for convenience that before reaching 26, one's still 25..

Anyway, I think I'll just go with the Firenze card then. I read your article about it, it was quite helping! I was still hesitating to buy it though, because it would not have been worth it if I was qualified for the reduced price. But sounds like a lot of trouble to argue at the ticket booth of EACH museum of the city to explain my own understanding of "between 18 and 25 year old" haha..

There are so many museums in Italy, and almost each one has its own governing body, so the standards are not uniform. The Vatican is also a separate STATE so it has its own rules too! ;)

Here, the day you turn 18 you no longer qualify for the free ticket.... so if you're already 25, I think it also means you're no longer in between.

So you have to buy full price tickets - your choices are:
- buy prebooked tickets online for can Uffizi and Accademia, then buy directly at museum for other museums you want to visit OR
- buy the Firenze Card, if you're planning to visit many museums in 3 days - have you seen my suggested itinerary for that here? 3 days in Florence itinerary: http://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/3-days-in-florence.html