In Tuscany Late Oct 2015

Tevol26

We are coming to Italy for honeymoon in Oct 20-Nov 9 2015.

Our "draft" itinerary is: Venice (10/20 -24) , Florence (10/24 - 28), Siena (10/28 - 31)
Sorrento ( 10/31 - 11/4) Rome (11/4 - 9).

Is this a good choice for an itinerary? Suggestions? Should we stay in Florence and go to Siena for a day trip? Sorrento also includes a trip to Pompeii. Do you recommend somewhere else other than Sorrento to stay to go to Pompeii?

Honeymoon in Italy

Buongiorno,

I have two suggestions-

1) You can probably cut your time in Venice to two days. it is beautiful but four days is a lot of time for the area. I would take the extra two days in Tuscany and dedicated two days to the city center of Florence and then maybe 3-4 days to the countryside around Florence (a trip to Chianti, Volterra, Sn Gimignano, Pisa, Mugello, Pistoia) So when you are in Siena you can concentrate on that area and Val d'Orcia / Creti Senese, Pienza, Montepulciano and maybe even Saturnia)

2) Remember that 1 november is a holiday in Italy. And many things many be closed. Be sure to plan your itin so that what you want to see or do is open. Restaurants, bars and cafes are always open.

Buon Viaggio

Donna Denise

Honeymoon advice

We took your advice and cut a day from Venice, Florence and Rome. Which we added to Seina, which will be our base for exploring towns in Tuscany for a week in a rental car.

We really would like to go to a truffle festival in the Tuscany area but cannot to find one. We will arrive Florence 10/23 - 26, arrive Siena 10/26 - 11/2, then Sorrento for 11/2 - 4, and finally Rome for 4 days.

Which truffle festival do you suggest based on our schedule?

Also, which city near Pompeii do you staying? Sorrento?

Thanks, Lovett

Help

We took your advice and cut a day from Venice, Florence and Rome. Which we added to Seina, which will be our base for exploring towns in Tuscany for a week in a rental car.

We really would like to go to a truffle festival in the Tuscany area but cannot to find one. We will arrive Florence 10/23 - 26, arrive Siena 10/26 - 11/2, then Sorrento for 11/2 - 4, and finally Rome for 4 days.

Which truffle festival do you suggest based on our schedule?

Also, which city near Pompeii do you staying? Sorrento?

Thanks, Lovett

Hi Lourdes

I have read your threads and you seem very knowledgeable in this area.

I am for the UK and struggling to find what I am looking for, although I so believe it does exist.

I want to get married in this area (town hall) and then find a location nearby to have an afterparty/reception (vineyard/farmyard/rustico) very simple (rustico) that can accommodate 20 people for the night. The kind of place that the owner is happy to help and do the catering/food.

All websites and places online are not what I am looking for so I think the place I am looking may not be on a website. Do you know of anyone who can help me?

I am very stuck and would appreciate any response.

If you require any further detail please ask me.

also my direct e-mail is josh.chandler2020@gmail.com if this makes it easier.

Best wishes

I certainly think you can find the perfect place for such a simple, yet elegant and informal wedding.
I just think you need someone who knows the villas and farmhouses from this particular point of view (perfect for weddings), so as soon as I read your post, Cindy Salgado came to mind. I interviewed her a few months ago, and she really struck me as a great wedding planner -- in that she is fully open in working with all couples as much or as little as they want her to be involved. My impression is that she doesn't push anything but offers suggestions, working off her experience and knowledge of the area.
So if you want specific suggestions as to villas that fit your dream of a wedding in Tuscany or then decide to get a little more help, I'd suggest you still contact her and see what she says. She offers a free consultation at the very beginning. You can read about her here and then follow the link to her site at the end of the article: http://www.discovertuscany.com/weddings-in-tuscany/cindy-salgado-tuscany-wedding-experience.html