Florence, Venice and Positano in 9 days?

lindsay

Hello!

First of all I want to say thanks for having such an amazing resource! This site is so full of great info on things to do and see, much appreciated.

My husband and I are planning on coming to Italy or our honeymoon October 1st- 10th, we are flying in an out of Paris where we will spend a few days at the end of our trip.

Here is our initial thoughts:

Florence- 2 days
Tuscan countryside/villa- 2 days
Amalfi Coast- 3 days
Venice- 2 days (fly to Paris)

Do you think that is too much to do in this amount of time?

For the Tuscany piece we like the idea of staying in a villa in Tuscany, are there any that are close enough to Florence that we could explore Florence during the day and still get the countryside feel or is it best to stay in Florence and then move to another location in Tuscany?

Any other advice would be great!

Thanks much!

Florence vs Tuscany

Buongiorno,

First off: congrats!

Your honeymoon calendar looks busy but do-able. You will be moving and changing quite a bit, so I am not sure if it would be more relaxing to combine Florence and Tuscany in one establishment like: Casa Palmira or Porcigliano. Both are in Mugello but close to Florence and easy for getting around for day trips. They definitely offer the charm of the countryside in Tuscany and are positioned to offer you the wonderful array of fall colors that abound in October. Plus, a stay in Casa Palmira could include a cooking lesson....

However if you are fine with packing and moving, you can do a B&B in Florence like Antiche Dimore Fiorentine and then head out to the countryside for an agriturismo like La Roccaia.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise