re: one day trip from Siena, Montepulciano or Montalcino: driver or group tour

dpcog04

re: one day trip from Siena, Montepulciano or Montalcino: driver or group tour

I will be arriving in Siena on Sunday, September 30. I would like to visit another small village in Tuscany. for a day trip. I know the bus to Montepulciano would mean a 20 minute walk from station to town. Is it possible to hire a taxi driver from the station or arrange it in advance? We will be in Siena for 3 days. Or, is possible to hire a driver who would take a group of people to a smaller village? Would Montalcino be enjoyable with sights to see for a day trip? Or, do you think another town might be a better choice? I don't want to spend too much time traveling.

Grazie,

Pamela

Your dates don't match up -- Sept 30 is not a Sunday!

In any case, I think seeing as your time is limited, the best course of action is to go on an organized tour as that guarantees you are taken all the way instead of having to worry about bus schedules/taxis/walking.

Take a look at the tours from Siena to Montalcino and Montepulciano and Pienza... as well as San Gimignano, all great day trips from Siena!
http://www.partner.viator.com/en/8357/travel-tips/Tours-in-Siena-and-from-Siena/ttd