Firenze pass question

Tamar123

"If you're a non-EU citizen (and so are your children), then your children can enter free but you still have to stop at the ticket office to get their "free" ticket AND pay for the "reserved access" so that they can skip the line with you. This is only at the State museums, which includes the Uffizi and Accademia." So my question is: Does this mean that we would need to make an actual "reservation" for a time to visit these state museums in order to get our daughter the "free ticket" or since we are non EU, or does reserved access refer simply to the front of the line access? We (both parents) will have the passes. Thank you!

You will both have passes so you DON'T need to reserve a time. Just head to the Firenze Card entrance. Only at the Uffizi and Accademia will they ask you as you go in, to pay the reserved access for your children.

Firenze pass for family of 6

You will both have passes so you DON'T need to reserve a time. Just head to the Firenze Card entrance. Only at the Uffizi and Accademia will they ask you as you go in, to pay the reserved access for your children.

This might be a better place to ask my questions.
Do I need to line up to get the free tickets for my 4 kids (ages 7 - 11) in the same line that everyone tried to avoid (especially at the Uffizi and the Accademia)?
If so, would I be better off just buying those tickets online and getting the Firenze pass when I get to Firenze?
Thank you so much for your info. You really do provide a fantastic service.

Ciao Mattisachiro,

Glad you found us and are finding the forum and site useful!!

It really would not make sense to have the Firenze Card to skip the lines and then make you wait in the same line as everyone to pay for the booking for your kids, now would it? ;-)

Keep in mind this is just for non-EU citizens:
You need to pick up "free" tickets for your kids but pay only for the "booking/reserved access" for them. You do this directly by all heading to the reserved entrance for the Firenze Card, they'll let you in SKIPPING the other lines and THEN you go by the ticket counter to pay&pick up their tickets.

I personally find this distinction between EU/non-EU citizens kids sort of absurd, so I contacted Firenze Card to check with them and they have confirmed it as a benefit of the card for EU citizens with kids.

The booking fee should only for the the "major" state museums in Florence, which I take it to mean solely the Accademia and Uffizi but theoretically they told me twice it is for all state museums in Florence. You don't have to pay anything for your kids at the civic museums included with the card. They give you a booklet when you pick up the Firenze Cards which should have the lists of all museums quite clearly explained.