Italy tour suggestions with children

Michelle Albon

flying into Rome 12th april planning on traveling up to Venice by the 26th August. Any suggestions of places to visit? Defo want to be in Rome, Pisa .
Would it be best hiring a car? Or going by rail? (If train would it be suggested best to get a rain pass?)

Never done anything like this before quite excited! Always wanted to go to Italy

My children are 8 and 6 it will hopefully be a holiday for them to remember

Thanks for any help in advance

Car or Train with Kids

Buongiorno,

If you are planning on travelling outside of the city centers while in Tuscany then you might want to consider a car. If you are looking at just relaxing and enjoying the city and the museums (which have lots of things for the kids as well) then you can definitely do the train. Parents with children can take advantage of the Bimbi Gratis which means kids travelling with an adult travel free.

If you do decide to get a car, I would get it from Rome and invest the train ticket money directly into the rental. A good half way point between Rome and Florence is Orvieto, plan to stop there with the kids, I am sure they will love exploring the city underground.

This article offers many suggestions for travelling with kids, have a look to see if there is something of interest for you.
http://www.discovertuscany.com/what-to-do-in-tuscany/fun-with-kids/

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise