Ciao Carol,

Sounds like your plans are coming together and you'll be here in less than a month!

The Pisa airport is quite close to the city so fares should be from 6-8 euro on average. You can find more details on the stands on the airport's website. It makes sense to worry about the rental car the following day rather than on your arrival.

The restaurant unfortunately seems to only be open until 10pm! I hope they give you different hours by email.... if you can't make it on your first night, you could try them for lunch the next day. Sorry about that, I should have checked the hours....

The Pizzeria da Montino is also really close by, the dishes and pizza is really good there but again I am not sure of hours. I think they definitely will be open until later, it is family-run and really informal, very popular with locals. That whole area has many restaurants as it is really central so I am sure you'll find something that is open - I've heard good things of other restaurants nearby but have not been yet: Trattoria La Buca near the Square of Miracles as well as Osteria La Grotta but again don't know about hours...