Honeymoon

Vplimmer

Hello

I m looking to spend 2 weeks in Tuscany for my honeymoon, we want to start in Florence for a few days, then hire a car and move down to all the lovely cities/regions.

I want to stay in the below
Florence
Siena
Montepulciano
Chianti
Val D'Orcia
San Gimignano
Arezzo
Corona

Does anyone have any advice on where to stay and things we should do, places to avoid and places to definitely go and see?

Many Thanks
Vickie

Honeymoon in Tuscany

Buongiorno (e Buon Honeymoon!!!)

You have selected some of the best known romantic hot spots in Tuscany (BRAVA!)

I suggest that you look at splitting your stay up into three different locations (maybe four)

Florence - in the city center for at least three days (take one day to train it over to Pisa/Lucca)

Chianti/San Gimignano - in the countryside or better in San Gimignano so you can experience a small town lifestyle Take the day exploring Chianti after your time in Florence, spend two nights in or near San Gimignano and then explore the countryside towards Volterra / Certaldo, and then drive over towards your next destination visiting Monteriggioni and the Siena Chianti.

I suggest you look at a week in the countryside - either a B&B or a small apartment so you can play around with all the fun ingredients you see in the local stores and markets, time just relaxing with your new hubby and a glass of wine...and you will need some down time after all that "wedding stuff" :p
Maybe look towards Gaiole or Castelnuovo Berardenga, which is a pretty central position for travelling to all the places on your list.

You could try dividing your stay:

Siena one day exploring the city

then dedicate a day each to exploring the countryside:
Montepulciano
Val D'Orcia

though I could spend an entire day exploring Arezzo and its museums, you can combine these two cities
Arezzo
Cortona

Be sure to look into the small towns right outside where you will be staying, and the market days because that is always fun too!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise