First holiday in Tuscany - help needed.

Fridge

Good evening everyone. My wife and I are planning to visit Tuscany this September but would love some advice on where to stay.

We would like to stay self catering in a small little place with a pool but what we would really like is some suggestions of about where to stay. Ideally we would like a smallish village, perhaps with great views, which has a few bars and restaurants. The plan is to spend the day exploring the area by car but at night be able to park the car up and walk into village for a quite drink with a couple of places to chose for dinner.

Never having been before we would like some advice. It would be great to get the first trip right!

Thank you

Small towns in Tuscany

Buongiorno,

there are truly so many to choose from!

recently I visited the little town of San Donato, to interview a B&B in the city walls...it is a charming place to make your base: http://www.chianti.com/san-donato-in-poggio/

though you could also look at Giovanna Vacanze, there are two restaurants within walking distance and the owner is a chef at one just a little further away. Great views, and a central location.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise