Buses from S.M.N. Train station.

lrlcml

We are going to take a train from Siena to S.M.N. Train station. We are going to start at either the Accadmia and walk south to the Ponte Vecchio or reverse the order and start at Ponte Vecchio and end at the Accademia. Two questions: Which direction do you recommend and are there buses from S.M.N. To the Accademia and the Ponte Vecchio? What are the Route numbers?
Thank You.

Walking in Florence

Buongiorno,

unless you have difficulty walking (or are lugging some really gigantic suitcases around) I would definitely encourage you to walk where ever you want to go.

Florence is not that big, and by walking it you can truly appreciate more of the beauty of the city. The walk from the train station to Ponte Vecchio is lovely and lots of little road ways - have a look at this article which has some suggested walking tours. The first one starts the closests to the train station and the second two you could use Ponte Vecchio as your starting place.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

I would suggest to walk just like Donna has said - Florence is small and very walkable, just like Siena but without all of the hills ;-)
But if you do need to go from the station to the Accademia in a hurry and need to catch a bus, you can take #6 , 17, 11, 7 -- many buses go to Piazza San Marco, these are just a few. The Accademia is right around the corner from Piazza San Marco, so these are the ones you could take. Remember to get a bus ticket before you get on the bus, as they cost more on the bus AND the driver sometimes runs out. You don't want to risk getting checked and get a fine for riding without a ticket.

Thank you. Do either of you ave a suggestion as to which end we should start at? We are going to arrive around 9:20 am and want to get reservation times for the Accademia and the Uffizi gallery.

I would do one museum in the morning, the second in the afternoon - give yourself a break in between.

I would generally say Uffizi in the afternoon is better, Accademia first.