car hire/ taxi or uber for wine touring

Deb N

Hi
We are staying at a farm near Val D'orca and would like to do a wine tasting, but not have to drive ourselves. Are there taxis/uber or car services that would pick us up at our farm stay drive us to the winery and then drive us back after our time there?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Deb

Car Hirre

Buongiorno,

Absolutely !! And that is a wise choice, not only will you be able to truly drink and enjoy - but I really believe that having someone else driving you around allows you to enjoy the scenery, the relax and the Tuscan atmosphere :cool:

Uber car is really not a valid option yet in Tuscany - however, there are options. The first thing I suggest is to ask the owners of your accommodations if they have a personal contact and get a price quote from them.

In addition, you can look up NCC in Tuscany or in Val d'Orcia - NCC stands for car rental with driver, they are authorized drivers (with insurance, and a valid license ecc). You won't need to call to get a quote, just send an email in English. Most speak the language and they can give you more detailed info - as well as a suggestion or two on the vineyards to visit. Be sure to tell them the number of persons, the date, the pick-up place and list the vineyards you were interested in. I wouldn't plan on more than three vineyards - with the tour and the tasting most are a min. two hour visit.

Buon viaggio,

Donna Denise