Trying to find a tour from florence.

danielaleigh

Hi Everyone i am in a littleou bit stuck. I have three days in florence, and i would have loved to take a one day tour through tuscany.. My preference, yes to visit a winefarm, possibly have lunch or dinner there... tuscan style ( i was born in italy) , but then i love old villages , and ancient ruins. Not interested really in cathedrals and museums... would love to spend time in Greve, apparently charming village, but the one tour ( afternoon tour) only gave participants half hour to walk around...i love this type of village, the ancient embattlements and castles, and other village similar...( not Siena or Pisa) cant afford private tours ( from south africa, our exchange rate low at present) been searching the internet,but can't find any tour like this? any suggestion or help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another tour idea

Buongiorno,

I know you said Siena - no...but this tour actually leaves from Siena and visits San Gimignano which is a lovely little town to walk around in. Again, I know you said you weren't that interested in Siena, but this tour gives you lots of free time to walk on your own and is very budget friendly.

Greve...there is really only the commercial center and the square to visit (no castles or old buildingins). But even then you would want at least an hour to see all the little stores. If you are in Florence, you can take the bus to Greve and do it in your own timeframe...there are several vineyards for wine tasting all nearby.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

If you want to see a charming town near Greve, you have to do the hike uphill to Montefioralle! But you would need at least a whole hour to make the walk, stroll around the tiny hamlet, then go back to Greve.

thank you

really appreciate your replies, helping me a lot to sift through the ideas.... will check out Montefiorello, just don't know if i can walk/climb for an hour....grazie mille!

tour in Venice

i put out a post yesterday but maybe on the wrong thread... I would love to find a tour in Chianti etc. that visits not only the winelands ( am not a wine drinker) don't like cathedrals... but more the small villages and castles.... so trying again... had a couple of replies. but today found this blog on discover tuscany, that is what exactly i am looking for : i only have three days in Venice and was looking for a whole day tour. this is the kind of places i would love, love to visit, maybe can't do all of them. I can't afford a private tour ( from south africa, rand not very good at the moment) hubby does not want to drive, we drive on the left hand side here... so looking for help if anyoone knows of any tours that do the following from FLORENCE.

Grazie for all the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello -

The Overview of Chianti tour that is explained in the link is really intended to be done with a car and not on your own - many of those individual towns can be visited with public transport, but you will need to organize yourself well with times...

Have Fun,

Donna Denise

Not sure I understand whether you are using Florence as your base or Venice from your last post...? maybe you meant Florence.

I can understand if you say you cannot do a private tour and don't want to drive, but unfortunately Chianti is not easily accessible by train and the bus system is sorely lacking..... so the best alternative is a tour.

Not all are private tours --- some are small groups, done in mini-vans and those are the ones I generally recommend (as opposed to being shepherded on large buses with not much time to stop and admire places, I generally say stay away from those...).

How about this one?
https://www.partner.viator.com/en/8...tis-Best-Landscapes-and-Wine-Tour/d519-7423P1
or this shorter one: https://www.partner.viator.com/en/8357/tours/Siena/Chianti-and-Castle-Tour/d944-5919P130

You can see more here: https://www.partner.viator.com/en/8357/search/chianti+tour