www.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.comwww.tuscanyaccommodation.com

Thread: Food and more food!

Red face Food and more food!

Me and partner are coming to Tuscany in Nov, Terricciola to be exact, And since i think i have a small ocd for planning, i want to plan well ahead especially on where we will find the best food, and by best food I mean home made - non tourist local restaurants, and so one of my questions is what are the best places? we are renting a car so we can travel to anywhere. We also want to visit winery and salumi places, we really wanna get a taste of the real tuscany and avoid the typical tourist spots! if anyone can give us some help we would be very glad

Thanks in advance

Steph & Ryan

DonnaDenise is offline Super Moderator - DiscoverTuscany Team

Default arriving in November

Buongiorno,

There's no problem trying to be prepared

Since you are arriving in November, I will say in the countryside you will definitely find more restaurants that cater to the locals since the larger part of the tourists have already come and gone. I suggest that you check out the events for Novemeber and make a plan to go to some of the sagras - these events are planned for tourists...but for the Italian tourist so there is a difference in the menus - which are pretty authentic to the local specialties.

Read this article to understand what a sagra is: http://www.discovertuscany.com/eatin...n-tuscany.html

The calendar will be updated in October - however many of the events are annual so you can start planning now for which ones interest you the most!

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Share and Bookmark!

Share and Bookmark!