Florence to Sienna

Lori

Cioa!

I have rented a car and will be departing Florence tomorrow, 2 June with my two kids (18 and 20). We are headed to Sienna and will stay 2 nights at an Agraturismo about 5 miles from Sienna. It sounds as though the best route to take is 222. I would love some ideas of what to do on this route. We'd like to stop at at least one winery maybe two if we have time. What other stops are suggested? Also, we will have an entire day on Saturday. I was thinking about going to the thermal baths. Do you have suggestions on best in the area? Grazie!

Yes, the 222 is the best scenic road to take down to Siena. I would suggest a stop in Greve - you can visit the Uzzano wine shop and cellars right before you enter Greve (on your left at the first stoplight as you enter town). You can also take the car and drive up to Montefioralle above Greve, it is a really small medieval village, very quaint but definitely nice. Since you're there, I would cut across and go to Badia di Passignano - for the views and scenery. Make your way back to Panzano and stop there - you could have a burger with Chianina meat for lunch at MacDario at communal tables if the weather is nice, or inside.
Head down to Castellina in Chianti and keep going down. You could stop at the Fattoria di Lornano on the way down for more wine tasting. Enjoy the views!!

As for thermal baths on Saturday, I would suggest heading south to Bagno Vignoni and from there further south to Bagni San Filippo - check them out here: https://www.discovertuscany.com/valdorcia/hot-springs-bagni-san-filippo.html

Yes, the 222 is the best scenic road to take down to Siena. I would suggest a stop in Greve - you can visit the Uzzano wine shop and cellars right before you enter Greve (on your left at the first stoplight as you enter town). You can also take the car and drive up to Montefioralle above Greve, it is a really small medieval village, very quaint but definitely nice. Since you're there, I would cut across and go to Badia di Passignano - for the views and scenery. Make your way back to Panzano and stop there - you could have a burger with Chianina meat for lunch at MacDario at communal tables if the weather is nice, or inside.
Head down to Castellina in Chianti and keep going down. You could stop at the Fattoria di Lornano on the way down for more wine tasting. Enjoy the views!!

As for thermal baths on Saturday, I would suggest heading south to Bagno Vignoni and from there further south to Bagni San Filippo - check them out here: https://www.discovertuscany.com/valdorcia/hot-springs-bagni-san-filippo.html

Grazie Lourdes! It sounds like a wonderful day! Many thanks to you.