Florence,pietrasanta and cinque terre

Kswift

We are in Tuscany for 6 days in September, flying into Pisa (not wishing to spend any time there as already seen it) on a Wednesday and out again on the following tuesday. We have a wedding pietrasanta on the Saturday but either side would like to do cinque de terre and Florence. We are 3 adults and an 8 month old! For ease I would imagine we will hire a car from Pisa.

Does anyone have any advice about what order to do things in, how to travel or where to stay? Thanks so much!

If you're planning on renting a car, I would suggest doing it this way:

- arrive in Pisa, take BUS to Florence -- stay in the historical center, NO CAR required while you're in Florence. No worries about parking or driving in wrong part without permit.

- head back to coast for wedding, rent CAR in Florence as you leave city - there are car rental agencies near the SMN train station (read this: http://www.visitflorence.com/florence-car-rental/ )

- wedding and then head on to CT - with car, the easier towns to manage to drive and park are Riomaggiore and Monterosso, the both extremes of the 5 towns.

As for specific places to stay, I suggest you start browsing through
www.florenceaccommodation.com and www.tuscanyaccommodation.com!