Late October vacation in Tuscany

John Dremelj

Greetings.
I am planning a vacation in late October to coincide with the Oct. 30th new moon for stargazing and photagraphy.
From what I have read online it seems the Farma Vally area is an ideal place to go due to lack of light pollution. Would you know of another area that might be better or even maybe have late night stargazing tours?
Also I have seen some events like the Fall foliage festival in Badia Prataglia (offers a hike tour in the woods with a photagrapher) and Borgo a Mozzano (devils bridge) halloween festival but cant find any dates for 2016 so Im not sure if they will happen.
Could you perhaps look into this or even recomend something similar around this time?

I have my own car and a camera waiting to be put through its paces photographing the fall countryside, festivals and night sky.

Regards

John

stargazing

Buongiorno,

That will be awesome!!! you will have to share some of the photos with us.

I can only comment with personal experience for Badia Prataglia...I lived in this area for several years and I know that light pollution in that area is truly min. And I know the people organizing the events are very good at what they do.

This is also an excellent area for nature photos because you have an incredible national park at your disposal - for the brilliant fall colors -- and a few castle and historic churches that make lovely subjects. Read here for more info on Casentino: https://www.discovertuscany.com/casentino/

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise