2 days to spare

ghb

can anyone help??? we're renting a villa near Chiusi for a week, and when we leave there we have a couple of days to spare before flying out of Rome - any ideas of where we could go?? we fancy the coast but aren't sure where best to go - we have 2 children (ages 2 and 6) so needs to be somewhere with attractions to amuse them!! Look forward to hearing some ideas! thanks:)

2 days in Maremma near Talamone

Dear ghb,

I suggest you spend two days in Maremma, an area I personally love and think is the right place for you and your kids.

I think Talamone is a very nice destination for families. It's a fishing village with both sandy and rocky beaches, pine woods and a nice lagoon aquarium. I recommend you stay at La Valentina Nuova farmhouse near Talamone that offers large apartments and lots of space for children to play safely for short stays.

Just a few kilometers from Talamone there is Capalbio and the Tarot Garden. The Garden is very beautiful and can be fun for your children. It hosts 22 large sculptures representing the tarot cards.

Talamone and Capalbio are then well connected to Rome by the old Aurelia road and the trip is about a 2 hour drive south.

I hope you like my ideas for your spare days in Tuscany :)