Teenagers in Tuscany

Roger

Can anyone suggest any events or good places to go to for teenagers in Tuscany? Five families will be sharing a villa near Certaldo for 2 weeks starting 24th July so I'm looking for some advice on where are the best places to go and what events may be happening at the end of July and beginning of August.

What to see and to do near Certaldo

Dear Roger,

it sounds you'll have lots of fun!

Certaldo is strategically located between Florence and Siena and has beautiful panoramas. I recommend you visit Florence and Siena first of all. Both cities offer several activities for children and teenagers.

In order to suggest you something more specific for your teenagers, I'd like to ask how old are they? What are they interested in in particular?

In the surroundings around Certaldo, there are beautiful villages such as San Gimignano with its medieval center, Gambassi Terme with is thermal baths and Volterra, an Etruscan city. Volterra was the set for Twilight's "New Moon" movie. You can book a guided tour to follow Edward and Bella's trail through the city, it would be thrilling for teenagers if they love the books.

I also suggest you go to the coast. There are beautiful beaches in Tuscany and the sea is very clean. I recommend you go to the Spiagge Bianche in Rosignano Marittimo, where the sand is completely white and the water is of an intense light blue.

For events for teenagers - it depends on what they are interested in. There are open air concerts around the area. I suggest you go to the local tourist office in Certaldo when you're here and ask for more events.

I hope my suggestions have helped for now. If you let me know ages and interests for your teens, I'll try to propose more specific activities :D