1 day in Florence!!

johnvas13

Hello to everybody!

Me and my wife we will visit for fourth consecutive year Roma,and since there is hardly something new to discover there,we are planning to make a same day trip with the freccia rossa to Florence!
Could somebody propose us the must-see and must-do things while in Florence,as we will be there only for 6-7 hours:confused:
Thank you in advance guys!Looking forward to hearing from you!

The center is very small and walkable so even in that short of a time you'll be able to see the main sights in the "centro storico". I suggest you follow the first itinerary - for the historical center - we have on here: https://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/three-walking-itineraries.html

You should basically see the cathedral, Palazzo Vecchio and all of the monuments in between. I would pick one museum - whether it is the Uffizi if you love art or the cathedral with a climb up the dome or bell tower to see the city from up high. There are many places to discover from the inside too, but this perspective will at least offer a great view of Florence from above as well!

Discovering Florence

Buongiorno,

With just one day to enjoy this amazing city - sometimes its fun to follow a theme, like the footsteps of a famous artists (Michelangelo or Donatello) which will give a chance to explore the city but keeping it fresh without following all the standard touristy stops.

Have a read through this article which highlights the antique walls and doors of Florence, while introducing you to the basics of the city.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise