7 day itinerary for new year in tuscany

Carlos Borg

Hello everyone. I am interested to visit Tuscany for the new year.
I was thinking to spend 3 days in the southern part (Chianti, San Gimignano, Siena, Val d'orcia and arezzo). Then 2 days in Firenze (for new year celebrations) and another 2 days to the west (Pisa, Lucca and maybe a trip to Le cinqueterre).
I also have the intention to book 3 hotels: one in chianti region, one in florence and one in montecatini

Do you think it is practicable during this that time of the year. Will the weather permit it?

thanks

New Years in Florence

Buongiorno,

Sounds like an excellent way to bring in the new year.

For your time in Chianti/Siena, I suggest you check out Hotel Fontanelle, they have a few extra services which will make the cooler months more enjoyable - especially the indoor pool and their shuttle service to Siena.

Florencee has lots of activities to ring in the New Year in the city center, but if you want to be near (but not too near to the activity) you might enjoy checking out: Villa Antea. I had friends stay there just recently and they loved the closeness to the city center, yet the quiet neighborhood.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

place to stay in chianti region

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately Hotel Fontanelle will be closed in that period. which area of chianti do you recommend for a hotel?
i was thinking in san casciano in val di pesa or castellina to be in the centre to all attractions.

I was hoping to find an area where i could find some bars or pubs open nearby at night.

thanks
carlos