Advanced lodging reservations

LoriMa

Hi,
We will be in the Radicondoli area in August 2017 for a wedding. How far in advance should we book lodging at an agriturismo? The Palio in Siena is happening the same week, so we are unsure how that will affect lodging (and tours) around Radicondoli.
Your opinion would be welcomed!

Radicondoli in August

Buongiorno -

that sounds wonderful, a wedding in southern Tuscany! I love the area near Radicondoli

As for your accommodations, if you want to be staying close to the other guests or if the happy couple have arranged a place where you can get a good rate because it is a destination wedding, then I would book as soon as possible.

However, if you are on your own or you want to stay at a distance from everyone else :cool: then you can wait for the new year. But don't wait too long, because August is definitely high season so it fills up fast. Here are a few ideas in the area: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/radicondoli/

Sovicille is a reasonable distance if you want to have a bit of space and be closer to Siena as your base.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thank you

DonnaDenise,

A belated thank you for your travel advice, I'm sure I'll be back for more!

Best,

Lori

Last edited:
People interested in the Palio stay in the city and all around in the area. So like Donna suggested, I'd be more aware of the fact that August is HIGH season and book as soon as you see something you like. If the wedding couple have a location, find out from them whether they have set aside rooms for guests at special rates or anything else in the vicinity. Otherwise, search for something you like but I'd suggest to book by the end of January at the latest. Better to have something you like than to be left to make do with what's available!