Visiting Tusany in late Sept/early October.

Travlin4fun

We will be flying into Rome Sept 26, 2017 and staying there about 3 days. We then plan on going to the Tuscany countryside by rental car for about 2 1/2 to 3 days. Some events/areas we saw on line of interest are the Castelnuovo Berardenga Grape Festival and that area in general, San Donato in Poggio in Chianti, the mediaeval village of San Gusmè and a few others I don't have at my finger tips. After being in the countryside a few days we plan on heading to Florence, turn in the rental car and do the rest by train/bus. Any suggestions about my plans. They are in the early stages of course. Thanks!!:)

Events for the end of September

Buongiorno,

There are several events that take place in September that are worthwhile and merit a visit, have a look at our monthly calendar (we update it regularly as we get closer and closer to the dates) and you might find a few other activities that you could participate and visit.

Chianti is rather self contained and you can definitely see quite a few places in the brief time you are here, have a read through these articles and check out the suggested itineraries in the coloured boxes.

The Festa dell'Uva is in the small town of Vagliagli near Castelnuovo Berardenga

And the town of San Donato is not exactly nearby but it is also quite panoramic and a beautiful area of Chianti. (be careful when you look for San Donato because there are a couple with different endings - you are most probably looking for San Donato in POGGIO.)

Another town to look at that is half way between the two is Castellina in Chianti, and you will find lots to do here as well. This article will give you an itinerary idea.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise